Stewardship Committee

January 13, 2019

One final appeal from your Stewardship Committee for 2019 pledges! To date, the congregation had pledged $533,596, leaving us significantly short our goal of $630,000. Any shortfall in pledges means resources will need to be cut from valuable ministries and programs in the preliminary budget being prepared by Trustees. Fortunately, new or increased pledges can still be factored into the budget for presentation at the upcoming congregational meeting. Please submit a Pledge Card (available in the narthex or in the church office) or reach out to Adam Honeysett via email or phone at (703) 323-0416 out of gratitude to God and in support of the church’s mission at home and abroad.

January 6, 2019

Thanks again to everyone who participated in the “A Piece of God’s Plan” stewardship campaign. As of December 31, 2018, the congregation had pledged $530,596, putting us at 84% of our goal of $630,000. Even though we have started a new calendar year, there is still some time to make a initial pledge or increase your current pledge. Any pledges received within the next couple of weeks will make a tremendous difference in the preliminary budget presented by the Trustees at upcoming congregational meeting. Please submit a Pledge Card (available in the narthex or in the church office) or reach out to Adam Honeysett at (703) 323-0416 to support Little River’s many ministries which sustain our spiritual lives and enable us to reach the wider world.

December 23, 2018

The calendar year is quickly coming to an close, but there is still time to participate in this year’s “A Piece of God’s Plan” stewardship campaign. To date, the congregation has pledged $510,596, putting us at 81% of our goal of $630,000. We really need your help to close the gap! The Trustees are preparing a preliminary budget, and any shortfall in pledges means resources will have to be cut from valuable ministries and programs. If you have previously pledged but not yet submitted this year, we hope to hear from you very soon! If you have not previously pledged, please consider sharing your gifts with the church to have an even greater impact as a community of faith. And, if you have already pledged but can increase your contribution, please let us know! Pledge Cards are available in the narthex and can be dropped in the offering plate or mailed to the office. You may also reach out to Adam Honeysett at (703) 323-0416 or to discuss your pledge.

December 16, 2018

Thanks to so many for participating in this year’s “A Piece of God’s Plan” stewardship campaign.  To date, the congregation has pledged nearly $493,000, putting us at more than 78% of our goal of $630,000.  Now, we still need your help covering the remaining amount!  Remember, our pledges are critical as the Trustees prepare a preliminary budget for the upcoming congregational meeting.  If you have not yet submitted your Pledge Card, please do so by dropping it in the offering plate this Sunday or mailing it to the office.  If you are able to increase your submitted pledge, please reach out to Adam Honeysett at (703) 323-0416 or amhoneysett@verizon.net.

December 9, 2018

Among the committee’s key objectives was hitting 75% of our goal by December 1. Thanks to so many of you responding to additional outreach, we made it! To date, the congregation has pledged nearly $468,000. Now, we still need your help in covering the remaining 25%. Remember, our pledges are critical as the Trustees prepare a preliminary budget for the upcoming congregational meeting. If you have not yet submitted your Pledge Card, please do so by dropping it in the offering plate this Sunday or mailing it to the office. If you are able to increase your submitted pledge, please reach out to Adam Honeysett at (703) 323-0416 or amhoneysett@verizon.net.

December 2, 2018

Thanks to so many for participating in this year’s “A Piece of God’s Plan” stewardship campaign. To date, the congregation has pledged more than $435,000, putting us at nearly 70% of our goal of $630,000. Help us conclude this year’s campaign on a high note! If you have not yet submitted your Pledge Card, please do so by dropping it in the offering plate this Sunday or mailing it to the office. (Pledge cards are available in the narthex, on the table with our puzzle piece pledge tracker, and in the office.) If you are able to increase your submitted pledge, please reach out to Adam Honeysett at (703) 323-0416 or amhoneysett@verizon.net.

November 16, 2018

Thank you for continuing to submit your Pledge Cards for 2019.  To date, the congregation has pledged nearly $380,000, which puts us more than 60% of the way towards our goal of $630,000.  Let’s keep the momentum going!  Every member and friend of Little River has a piece to play in helping make next year another successful year of ministry in our community and the world.  If you have not yet submitted your Pledge Card, please do so by dropping it in the offering plate on Sunday or mailing it to the office.  You can find all the “A Piece of God’s Plan” campaign materials – including the narrative program budget, pledge card, and giving guide – in the narthex, on the table with our puzzle piece pledge tracker.  Also, if you have not already done so, please add your name or other words of gratitude to God to the jigsaw puzzle.

November 9, 2018

Thank you for continuing to submit your Pledge Cards for 2019.  To date, the congregation has pledged more than $345,000, which puts us nearly 55% of the way towards our goal of $630,000.  Let’s keep the momentum going!  Every member and friend of Little River has a piece to play in helping make next year another successful year of ministry in our community and the world.  If you have not yet submitted your Pledge Card, please do so by dropping it in the offering plate on Sunday or mailing it to the office.  You can find all the “A Piece of God’s Plan” campaign materials – including the narrative program budget, pledge card, and giving guide – in the narthex, on the table with our puzzle piece pledge tracker.  Also, if you have not already done so, please add your name or other words of gratitude to God to the jigsaw puzzle.

September 30, 2018

First, a big thanks to everyone who made our recent Silent Auction a big success! The auction made $3,441. We are committing 20% of that amount ($688.20) to the Arts Ministry for its next big project. The remaining 80% ($2,752.80) will go to the church’s General Fund to support our ministries through the end of the calendar year. Second, we hope you received in the mail a letter from Pastor David regarding this year’s stewardship campaign theme: “A Piece of God’s Plan.” What is your particular piece of God’s plan? What gifts has God given you? How might you step up and share your gifts with the church to have an even greater impact as a community of faith? As you prayerfully consider your pledge to Little River for next year, you are invited to give out of gratitude to God and in support of the church’s mission at home and in the wider community. Please reflect on your individual piece of God’s plan, as well as our piece united together as God’s people.

August 13, 2018

The Stewardship Committee met on August 13 at the church.  We debriefed on latest Ministry Board, Finance Committee, and Church Council meetings and discussed the current status of donations for the Silent Auction to help raise funds for general operations that will take place on Rally Day (September 9).  (The deadline to donate has been extended to August 31. Please contact Doreen Manchester at or Michelle Mitchell at to discuss donations and/or volunteer.)  We also reviewed feedback from boards and committees to revise our annual Program Brochure, updated our timeline for the rollout of this year’s campaign, and made assignments for milestone events during the rollout.  The Stewardship Committee’s next meeting will be September 13.