Equal Marriage Rights for All
Little River United Church of Christ
Continuing our long history of support for civil rights, Little River United Church of Christ affirms:
• equal marriage rights for couples regardless of gender;
• equal access to the basic rights, institutional protections, and quality of life conferred by the recognition of marriage;
• and that the same governmental opportunities, protections, restrictions, and obligations apply to all couples that choose to marry, regardless of gender.
Therefore, we urge:
• support for equal marriage rights for couples regardless of gender;
• an end to rhetoric that fuels hostility, misunderstanding, fear, and hatred expressed toward gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender persons;
• members and friends of Little River UCC to communicate this resolution to local, state, and national legislators.
Firm in the knowledge of Jesus Christ's message of boundless love, we hereby welcome the freedom for all to marry.
Adopted January 29, 2012