Stewardship Committee

A Message from the Stewardship Committee - November 9, 2018

Thank you for continuing to submit your Pledge Cards for 2019.  To date, the congregation has pledged more than $345,000, which puts us nearly 55% of the way towards our goal of $630,000.  Let’s keep the momentum going!  Every member and friend of Little River has a piece to play in helping make next year another successful year of ministry in our community and the world.  If you have not yet submitted your Pledge Card, please do so by dropping it in the offering plate on Sunday or mailing it to the office.  You can find all the “A Piece of God’s Plan” campaign materials – including the narrative program budget, pledge card, and giving guide – in the narthex, on the table with our puzzle piece pledge tracker.  Also, if you have not already done so, please add your name or other words of gratitude to God to the jigsaw puzzle.

A Message from the Stewardship Committee - September 30, 2018

First, a big thanks to everyone who made our recent Silent Auction a big success! The auction made $3,441. We are committing 20% of that amount ($688.20) to the Arts Ministry for its next big project. The remaining 80% ($2,752.80) will go to the church’s General Fund to support our ministries through the end of the calendar year. Second, we hope you received in the mail a letter from Pastor David regarding this year’s stewardship campaign theme: “A Piece of God’s Plan.” What is your particular piece of God’s plan? What gifts has God given you? How might you step up and share your gifts with the church to have an even greater impact as a community of faith? As you prayerfully consider your pledge to Little River for next year, you are invited to give out of gratitude to God and in support of the church’s mission at home and in the wider community. Please reflect on your individual piece of God’s plan, as well as our piece united together as God’s people.

August 13, 2018

The Stewardship Committee met on August 13 at the church.  We debriefed on latest Ministry Board, Finance Committee, and Church Council meetings and discussed the current status of donations for the Silent Auction to help raise funds for general operations that will take place on Rally Day (September 9).  (The deadline to donate has been extended to August 31. Please contact Doreen Manchester at or Michelle Mitchell at to discuss donations and/or volunteer.)  We also reviewed feedback from boards and committees to revise our annual Program Brochure, updated our timeline for the rollout of this year’s campaign, and made assignments for milestone events during the rollout.  The Stewardship Committee’s next meeting will be September 13.